The Lead Warehouse Associate assists the Terminal Manager in providing the supervision, administrative support, and daily operational duties necessary to operate a warehouse facility at maximum efficiency.
• Leadership and direction of the warehouse staff while working in close coordination with the Terminal Manager.
• Efficient, accurate movement of freight as required using appropriate equipment and safety practices.
• Accurate, timely completion of required documentation relating to inbound and outbound freight.
• Active support of safety, work environment and security policies and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Determine work schedules and assign areas of responsibility to warehouse personnel.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of warehouse activities and warehouse personnel hours.
• Insure security of equipment and materials received and stored.
• Inspect warehouse equipment for proper functioning and maintenance.
• Provide direction and guidance to staff on policies and procedures.
• Plan warehouse locations of ARC vessel receipts every 10 days.
• Schedule maintenance and emergency repairs on equipment and vehicles.
• Assume job performance responsibilities in the absence of warehouse personnel.
• May receive and verify freight against receiving documentation, noting discrepancies and/or damage and reporting findings.
• Manage warehouse and truck doors for loading and unloading.
• Conduct weekly inventory of warehouse and containers.
• May prepare shipment documentation and review invoices for accuracy and compliance.
• May load, move, transport, and stack goods and materials in crates, boxes, pallets, skids about such locations as warehouse dock, ocean containers, vans, flatbed trucks, flat racks, etc.
• May operate electric or propane powered forklifts.
• May operate yard hustler for relocation of rail and ocean containers.
• Follow safety regulations and attend monthly safety meetings.
• Receive and verify freight against receiving documentation, note discrepancies and damage, and report findings.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent (HSED) required
• Associate degree preferred
Required Licenses and Certifications
• Valid state-issued driver license and acceptable driving record required
• Forklift certification required
Preferred Licenses and Certifications
• Hazardous Materials certification preferred
Required Work Experience
• 3+ years of related work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND TRAVEL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hear and speak with sufficient clarity to understand and engage in telephonic information exchange; hear and understand verbal instructions; give and receive information verbally in person or via communication device – Often
Walk/travel within office environment, crouch/bend to access floor-level storage – Often
Use hands/fingers to operate office equipment, type/complete data input, write; Use hands/fingers to manipulate and file documents, folders, small object – Often
Reach with hands, arms; lift, move and manipulate objects weighing up to 75 pounds – Regularly
Sight sufficient to read instructions, documents, and screen-based information – Often
Must be able to bend down, kneel down and use hammer, nails, and crowbars. – Regularly
This role requires work that may involve the following environmental conditions:
• Freight warehouse facility, office, outdoor yard and lot, and workshop settings, where hot, humid, cold, and other inclement weather conditions may occur.
• Work schedule may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Delivers Results Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance.
Focuses on the Customer & Market Continuously evaluates what is important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
Makes Sound Business Decisions Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
Practices our Values Supports and models The Pasha Way; conduct reflects Excellence, Honesty, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The information included in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive or exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The applicable salary range is aligned to one of 5 zones according to a cost of labor index for the geographic location of the role. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include related experience, education and training, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is set forth below. Ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone 3: $26.00 – $28.00
The Pasha Group is an EOE/AA Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/and other Protected Categories.
Tagged as: Unlicensed