Exciting employment opportunity for experienced Chief Engineers to work ashore within the inland waterways of Louisiana and the Texas Gulf Coast. High salary and company bonus plan as well as full benefits package. We have an immediate position available for a qualified candidate.
OSL Concrete, Inc.™
OSL Concrete, Inc.™ is the first ready-mix concrete (RMC) production and delivery company that is entirely marine based. Our projects are in Louisiana and Texas. OSL’s patented technology for Offshore Supply Vessels delivers RMC directly from ship to shore advancing the land-based construction industry.
Chief Engineer Position Summary
The Chief Engineer position will be responsible for shipyard retrofit of existing Offshore Supply Vessels including support vessels and barges and to oversee the operation of the vessel. This includes budgeting, organizing, implementing, and scheduling of the ship construction and maintenance, as well as administrating operational and maintenance paperwork and cost controls.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Leadership role in design and development of the Vessel
• Project submittals, process and develop RFP’s, work scope specifications, as required, reviewing, and editing fabrication shop drawings
• Develop logistics plan with staff
Skills & Abilities
• Extensive experience with Regulatory, Class, USCG requirements and periodic dry docking, inspections and retrofit of vessels
• Computer proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, Power Point, Word, data entry programs for PM schedules
• Adaptable to new processes and programs with analytical thinking and strong math/accounting skills
• Strong written, verbal communication, and problem-solving skills in estimating complex projects with multiple variables
• Demonstrated management and leadership experience
Education, Licenses and/or Experience Required
• Bachelor of Science, in Marine Engineering preferred, however, a minimum of 10+ years marine engineering experience may be considered in lieu of same.
• Minimum 7 years of marine industry experience required as 1st A/E, C/E or port engineer
• Active USCG license as Chief Engineer motor vessels, Limited or Unlimited HP, Inland Waters or Oceans endorsement, all certifications for STCW compliance, TWIC, valid DL, US Passport .
• Experience with latest generation Offshore Supply Vessels (OSV’s) is preferred