A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Part-Time Institutional Research Analyst
Posting: March 2023
Deadline for application: Open until filled
Please note, these are non-benefitted, temporary/contract positions
The Institutional Research Analyst contributes to institutional research efforts at the Academy by assisting with the collection, analysis, and distribution of institutional data to support strategic planning, decision making, program development, assessment of student learning, accreditation, and program review. This part-time position is up to 20 hours, 3-4 days/week (hours are flexible). Up to two remote days/week possible, depending on schedule, after an initial training period.
● Assist with institutional effectiveness protocols, including surveys, focus groups, and interview projects.
● Assist with related quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
● Assist with designing and maintaining data visualizations and dashboards.
● Support regional and specialized accreditation efforts.
● Assist with the updating of standard ongoing office publications.
● Assist with responding to ad hoc data requests.
● Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, math, data science, or a related field.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Experience in data analysis tools (e.g., SPSS, R, Stata, SAS).
● Experience in student learning outcomes assessment efforts.
Open until filled. please submit the following documents: cover letter, resume, MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and contact information of three (3) professional references. These forms are located on MMA website at www.maritime.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to [email protected], submit application materials by USPS to: Human Resources Department, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete CORI and COVID-19 vaccine and booster verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.