Contract Date: Spring Semester (28 February 2023 to June 2023)
Please note, these are non-benefitted, temporary/contract positions
· Instruct in professional maritime courses as assigned by the Department Chair.
· Develop course material, exams and content applicable to assigned courses.
· Grading student performance and assessing STCW competencies in a timely manner.
· Assist in student development by holding three scheduled office hours per week.
Specific minimum qualifications and requirements:
· An accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Transportation or appropriate field.
· Five year’s full-time experience in professional service in the maritime field or have three years teaching at an accredited institution of higher learning (or combination thereof).
· Current USCG Second Mate’s Oceans Unlimited License or Current USCG Master 1600 GRT Oceans License with applicable STCW endorsements.
· Master’s degree from an accredited institution or in a relevant field.
· Recent experience teaching or in professional service in the maritime field.
· Certifications and endorsements as Master/Mate of Towing Oceans or Near Coastal, Dynamic Positioning, Tankerman PIC.
· Strong background in Celestial Navigation.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter. The review of cover letter and resume will begin immediately. Cover letter and resume materials may be attached, and sent electronically to [email protected] Alternatively, submit application materials by USPS to: Human Resources Department, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete CORI and COVID-19 vaccine and booster verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.