Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., Is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned federal professional services company, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
· Position Maritime Unarmed Security Guard
· Type: Full-Time
· Location: NOAA Ship Reuben Lasker Port of San Francisco, the Embarcadero San Francisco, California 94111.
Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking to hire unarmed security guards to perform security services at the NOAA Ship Reuben Lasker Port of San Francisco.
· Specialization in maritime security training, including USCG and International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) training is required (please see references).
· Guards will be unarmed, and any required background checks will be conducted.
The vessel requires two security guards during the periods of performance. One security officer on the Bridge to listen for alarms and also conduct rounds of the entire ship at least hourly and one security officer to post at the gangway to prevent any unauthorized access to the ship.
· Gangway watch will always have 100% coverage during service hours to prevent unauthorized access to the vessel. If the officer standing the gangway watch needs to be relieved for any reason, the officer tasked with conducting rounds and monitoring the bridge may relieve the gangway watch for short, reasonable periods of time.
· Security watch standers must be familiar with shipboard operations.
· Security watch standers must be familiar with the Port of San Francisco security procedures.
· The security watch standers shall provide hourly security rounds, inspecting all spaces of the ship (excluding staterooms). Approximately ten specific stations are set up with Detex security stations which will be logged using a ship-provided Proxipen security wand.
· The security watch standers are required to contact the designated OOD, duty engineer, or XO/CO if any unusual events occur. Unusual events are defined as, but not limited to bridge alarms, fire, flooding, unauthorized personnel boarding, and other dangers that can affect the security and safety of the vessel.
· One security watch stander will be posted at the pier side or ship side of the gangway to prevent unauthorized personnel from entering the ship. This guard will be required to maintain a watch of the gangway at all times. Guards may rotate from doing rounds to doing the gangway watch as long as the gangway is monitored at all times.
· The gangway watch stander shall monitor all individuals requesting access to the ship by checking Government or other picture identification and deny access to individuals without proper identification. Authorized personnel will be limited to those who possess a US Government ID that states “NOAA” on it. If personnel who do not possess an NOAA government ID require access to the ship, we will provide a list of these individuals and anyone on the list may be granted access to the ship upon providing other US government or state-issued photo ID.
· The bridge watch stander conducting security rounds shall log all rounds and any unusual events in the vessel’s security watch log. At all other times when rounds are not being conducted, the officer shall remain on the bridge to monitor systems, listen for alarms, and be alert of their surroundings. The only exception will be for short, reasonable periods of time if the gangway watch requires relief for using the restroom or other personal comfort requirements.
· In the case of an emergency, the security watch stander will be able to sound the ship’s general alarm and operate the Public Announcement system. Notification should also be made to 911 and the ship’s OOD, as appropriate for the type of emergency.
· The security watch stander shall be required to answer the ship’s phone and will do so in a polite and professional manner. They will also be required to carry a phone when not on the bridge, to maintain communications (personal/company issued cell phone, etc).
· The bridge security watch stander will perform morning and evening colors as directed by the ship.
· Security watch standers will present themselves for their watch in sufficient time to be briefed on any changes to the routine or special instructions from the off going watch. Approximately 10 minutes may be required to exchange the watch and transfer information.
· Change of watch will be made no later than the designated watch start time. Critical and essential details must be passed from security watch standers during this time.
· Security watch standers will not depart the ship without being properly relieved following their watch. If the oncoming watch stander does not report to duty, the incumbent watch stander shall contact the Officer of the Deck (OOD), or the Executive Officer (XO) if the OOD is unavailable, and notify them that the relief watch is not present, prior to departing the ship.
Why choose Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal, Inc. is an equal opportunity to employ and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
On-going need to fill this role